Sunday 23 October 2011

Kudos to the Donors

Well to start with, I am encouraged to know at weigh in yesterday, I was down more than 15 pounds.
That is a good thing.  It allowed me to do the Walk for the Children at the Toronto Zoo today for Herbie Fund without pain and suffering.  This is something I could not have done three months ago.

My week was interspersed with lunches, evening meetings, Oceana Ball and Walk for the Children.
All events offer challenges in food consumption.  Fortunately, Weight Watchers Point Plus program allows for a variety of situations and my kind of lifestyle.  I go from fine dining to catch as catch can and sometimes in the same day.

My kudos today go to all who donated food to Walk for the Children, not only for their generosity but for the possibilities of staying on track.  Of course, Jennifer, Alana our chairs and Wilna, our food chair deserve credit too for seeking the balance.  I couldn't say who would win first prize but Pat Finelli from Pizza Pizza was right up there.  I enjoyed a slice of hot, fresh and delicious cheese pizza given out in a box that fit the slice.  Then there were the Pop Chips.  What a great idea and kosher as well.  It is amazing what can be done with potatoes and the flavouring choices there are.  The chips were neither fried nor baked.  They were popped.  The calorie count was 50 for the entire bag and amounted to 1 point in the Points Plus program.  Van Houtte supplied delicious coffee.  It was hot and flavourful.  Gambols kindly donated fruit, apples, bananas and oranges.  Everybody eats that standard fare of fruit.  I didn't eat the hamburgers but my husband Paul devoured his in no time flat.  The ice cream cleared out quite fast as well.  Kudos too, to Redpath Sugar for coming forward with Acts of Sweetness and supplying us with packages containing two sugar cookies.  The artwork of Duchess of Dough creating individually wrapped iced penguin cookies made especially for us was so beautifully presented.  I am still appreciating the beauty of it and will share with my grandchildren.

Thanks to all who participated in making this event successful and in this case, making good eats of the food.  On a personal level, I am still on track today.  In the bigger picture, these donors all helped make Walk for the Children and the picnic after an excellent event.  And Herbie Fund raised a lot of money too enabling children from around the world to have life-saving or life-altering surgery that could not be done in their own country.

No comments:

Post a Comment